· Phone: +(972) 4 829-4603
· Fax: +(972) 4 829-5757
· Office: 807, Electrical Engineering Building
A few words about me
I graduated an MSc
in Electrical Engineering, Technion in
I am currently in the industry.
My thesis research title is: "On Texture and Image Interpolation Using Markov Models". My research was held under the supervision of Dr. Moshe Porat in Electrical Engineering faculty, Technion.
My publications list appears below.
I was also a teaching assistant in Electrical Engineering during 2007-2008. Below appear the courses which I taught.
I was awarded a prize for excellence in Teaching in Winter semester 2008.
In 2003 I graduated a double major in Electrical Engineering and Physics at Technion. I was a member at the Technion's excellence program - here you may find a link to my profile on the excellence program website.
· Image and video interpolation
· Visual systems
· Image and video compression
044160 - Lab 1 in Electrical Engineering - undergraduate course (Spring 2007)
046332 - Visual and Auditory Systems - undergraduate & graduate course (Winter 2007-2008)
Below you may find links to my tutorials summary and comments to the tutorials slides in Visual and Auditory Systems: Enjoy!
Here's a link to the final review recitation I gave: I recommend working interactively with the presentation:
· S. Nemirovsky and M. Porat, “On Texture and Image Interpolation using Markov Models”, Signal Processing and Image Communication, Elsevier, November 2008. Link to full text online.
· “Method and System for Processing an Image According to Deterministic and Stochastic Fields”. Applied in January 2009 to US Patent Office.
Nemirovsky and M. Porat, “On
Wide-Sense Markov Random Fields and their Application to Improved Texture
Interpolation”, Eusipco 2008,
· S. Nemirovsky
and M. A. Doron, "Sensitivity of MUSIC and Root-MUSIC
to gain calibration errors of 2D arbitrary array configuration", IEEE SAM 2004, Sitges -
· S. Nemirovsky and M. Porat, "On the Statistics of Wide-Sense Markov Random Fields and its Application to Texture Interpolation", CCIT Report No. 682, January 2008. Department of Electrical Engineering, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology.